RMA Conference 2020
Hosted by Salt Lake Community College
September 21-23, 2020 | Salt Lake City, Utah
Presentation proposals due April 30, 2020
If you are interested in being a speaker/presenter during one of the break-out sessions, please email [email protected]:
- Contact Information: Full name, title, institution or company, phone, email address.
- Presentation Title: 50 characters or less. The title should draw the participant’s eye, while accurately capturing the essence of the presentation. Please also classify the presentation into one of the four content categories and/or topics
- Presentation Abstract: 500 characters or less to inform participants about the content they should expect to find in the presentation. This will assist participants in determining which presentations to attend.
- Learning Outcomes: List three (3) learning outcomes. These are statments that indicate what the participant will know or be able to do as a result of attending the session. These objectives are used extensively to the review process to select programs that meet the needs of participants.
- Submissions from business partners must include stated partnership with an educational entity.
- Format of presentation (lecture, discussion, panel, etc.)
- A/V equipment requirements (if needed)
Length of sessions: 50 minutes
Thank you for your interest in being part of this amazing conference. We look forward to seeing you there!
Please note: As a presenter, you are still responsible for registering for the conference, although there is a reduced registration fee for our speakers.
|Track 1||Sustainability||The sessions included in the Sustainability track explore how to protect and preserve our campus resources, both natural and cultural. These presentations showcase the practical, cost-effective nature of sustainable practices and explore how to track and promote sustainable behaviors on campus.|
|Track 2||Leadership||The sessions included in the Leadership track encourage participants to be leaders at their institutions by utilizing current trends and technology to navigate the changing world we live in. These sessions explore how to celebrate the strengths of each member of the team, as well as using existing and emerging resources to better problem-solve and inspore others to take that example.|
|Track 3||Innovation||The sessions included in the Innovation track investigate methods and practices that integrate ever-evolving technology and the increasing need to be ecologically consciousness in how we plan, build and mantain facilities. Attendees will receive insight in how to get the most efficiency out of existing systems, and strategies they can implement to embrace the changing facilities landscape.|
|Track 4||Technology & Strategy||The sessions included in the Technology & Strategy track are designed to equip participants with tools that improve business processes and job performance. Participants will increase their awareness of the inherent benefits and challenges of innovative problem-solving methods and, by using session examples and deliverables, will leave ready to apply these techiniques at their own institutions.|
We are especially interested in proposals around new and emerging issues in educational facilities. Examples include:
- Aging Facilities Infrastructure
- Budget Issues/Reduced Resources
- Data-Based Research & Assessment In Practice
- Developing Meaningful Key Performance Indicators & Aligning To Those Indicators
- Embracing New Technological Innovations
- Identifying & Addressing Skills & Knowledge Gaps
- Managing Organizational & Operational Change
- Creating & Cultivating the Facilities Management Community
- Recruitment & Retention of Talent
- Safety & Security
- Smart Buildings Impact on Campus Operations
- Succession Planning & Succession Management
- Workforce Skills Gap & Recruiting Talent
The RMA Professional Development Committee works to offer a variety of presentation topics that explore different subject areas. Take advantage of this opportunity to tell your story and share your experience and expertise!