New in 2016! The APPA credential test preparation and exams are offered exclusively online!
DEMONSTRATE YOUR CAPABILITIES
Facilities professionals in today’s world need to have a wide range of skills and expertise to be effective champions for facilities management in educational facilities. It is crucial that facilities management professionals be viewed as experts who understand the impact facilities have on the quality of education. This is why the Certified Educational Facilities Professional (CEFP) can elevate the professionalism of our field. The CEFP credential represents the highest standards of performance and understanding in educational facilities management, and demonstrates the individual’s commitment to ongoing professional development, dedication, and continuous improvement in the management of educational facilities.
The CEFP credential is appropriate for the experienced facilities professional. With the CEFP credential, the holder must accrue 120 APPA units every four years and apply for renewal.
What APPA’s Credentialing Program Accomplishes…
FOR THE FACILITIES PROFESSIONAL:
- Allows educational facilities professionals to demonstrate a career commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Expands professional knowledge and industry understanding among educational facilities professionals.
- Acknowledges educational facilities professionals for mastering an internationally recognized and requisite knowledge level of the educational facilities field.
FOR THE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION:
- Demonstrates that the campus facilities organization is comprised of qualified, competent, and learned professionals.
- Supports succession planning and maintenance of quality facilities practices on campus.
- Provides an incentive for recruitment and retention.
- Advances the stewardship of the institution’s facilities investment.
ONLINE TEST PREP COURSE
- Covers all four core Body of Knowledge areas: general administration and management; maintenance and operations; energy and utilities; and planning, design, and construction.
- No travel costs required
- Flashcard course
- Practice exams
- Sample Q&A
- Knowledge checks
The RMA has arranged for special pricing program for our members, plus a $150 reimbursement after your registration and purchase! To qualify for the discount, you must request a coupon code at registration.
- CEFP : $550 *before $150 reimbursement (regularly $1310)
- EFP : $450 *before $150 reimbursement (regularly $1110)
The registration process is simple:
1. Click on this link https://credentialing.appa.org//purchaseoptions.cfm, and it will bring you to the APPA’s “Purchase Options” for either the EFP or CEFP.
2. Select either the CEFP prep and exam checkbox, or the EFP prep and exam checkbox. **Don’t be alarmed at the price on that page. They do not reflect APPA’s special pricing for the RMA.
4. Click on “checkout.” It will bring you to another page to log in with your APPA user ID and password (if you do not have this handy, it can easily be received through APPA).
5. Once you enter the user ID and password, it brings you to a page where you would register yourself and then click on the “save registrant info” at the bottom. It brings you to another page to enter the RMA coupon code. The coupon codes are RMAEFP and RMACEFP. This will bring you to the final webpage which will reflect the correct price shown for either the EFP or the CEFP.
Like the college diploma, or other licenses, the certificate or credential belong to the individual, not the institution. The certificate and credential speak volumes about you without you having to say a thing. Step out of the crowd and apply for either the EFP or CEFP today!
For more information, please visit http://credentialing.appa.org/
Questions? Please contact RMA’s Professional Development Chair Terri Willis, or call 303-492-1208.
For more information and to determine which credential is appropriate for you, visit credentialing.appa.org.